Theo Walcott

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aron Ramsey. I've admired this player for a long time (especially when he scored against manu last season :D).

Haha yeah, quality player! But we really need a winger & Chamberlain has a build similar to Alexis Sanchez.

I remember a while back wenger came out and said that he was molding Walcott into a striker, taking him away from the touchline hugging sprinter he was pulling him inside. Dunno if that strategy has since been aborted or what, but ever since he came on late against barca in CL a few years back, ran abidal into the ground and scored one and assisted one to bring arsenal back level, I thought he had a great future ahead of him. Maybe what he needs is to do like Ashley young this year and make a switch. Not saying it'll be to us, but to a team with more feesable ambitions and resources.

Hyped? Yes.

Promising? Yes, hes still young.

It would be a nice idea to pick Walcott, at the unique condition we would play him as a central striker. We'll arrive at a point where we will need a striker able to unlock situation by goals, not necessarly against big teams in Champions League. Walcott is a great finisher and his calls through the axis are sharp because of his speed, plus I feel that tactically they are really clever and not stupid or stereotyped.

The opinion start to realize that he is not a winger and that the constant abuse on him is not needed because he plays a role not suited for his abilities. In a certain way, Wenger hinders his progression. Of course he is a poor crosser, of course, scoring a goal with the angle available when you enter to the penaty zone through a corner is rather difficult... But it should be noted, the majority of his goals comes from situations where he cuts inside and calls the ball through the axis.

Not for an expensive price, it would be a good idea in my opinion

It would be a nice idea to pick Walcott, at the unique condition we would play him as a central striker. We'll arrive at a point where we will need a striker able to unlock situation by goals, not necessarly against big teams in Champions League. Walcott is a great finisher and his calls through the axis are sharp because of his speed, plus I feel that tactically they are really clever and not stupid or stereotyped.

The opinion start to realize that he is not a winger and that the constant abuse on him is not needed because he plays a role not suited for his abilities. In a certain way, Wenger hinders his progression. Of course he is a poor crosser, of course, scoring a goal with the angle available when you enter to the penaty zone through a corner is rather difficult... But it should be noted, the majority of his goals comes from situations where he cuts inside and calls the ball through the axis.

Not for an expensive price, it would be a good idea in my opinion

I cold heartedly disagree.

One-on-one, he really is not that great. He claims he wants to be a striker, but his ratio (from when I watch, not official) is 1:10 from goals to shots with one-on-one situations. I agree he's not a winger though, because his crossing is weak & his football intelligence isn't great.

I really did think Walcott had the potential to be a superstar when I saw him at Southampton. I think, like you said, Wenger hindered him & is ruining him by playing him on the wing. But then again.. Won't we do the same?

Look at what we're doing with Sturridge! Trying to make him into a winger when he is a striker. Walcott will be the same for us ect. Not what we need. Which is a pure winger.

One-on-one, he really is not that great. He claims he wants to be a striker, but his ratio (from when I watch, not official) is 1:10 from goals to shots with one-on-one situations. I agree he's not a winger though, because his crossing is weak & his football intelligence isn't great.

I really did think Walcott had the potential to be a superstar when I saw him at Southampton. I think, like you said, Wenger hindered him & is ruining him by playing him on the wing. But then again.. Won't we do the same?

Look at what we're doing with Sturridge! Trying to make him into a winger when he is a striker. Walcott will be the same for us ect. Not what we need. Which is a pure winger.

He boasts pace to be a winger though! I mean, much as I hate to bring it up, but look at the way he sliced through our defence at the Bridge... the thing is however, Walcott seems to be a big game player, but when the smaller teams come to down, he tends to wind down, and his pace doesn't mean that much!

I agree with you on Sturridge however, but the only reason why we are marauding him as a winger is because we have a £50m striker we're playing up front, as well as Drogba, who is sitting on the bench... plus, 4-4-2 (diamond), as we all know, never works at our club because the opposition just walks all over us!

He boasts pace to be a winger though! I mean, much as I hate to bring it up, but look at the way he sliced through our defence at the Bridge... the thing is however, Walcott seems to be a big game player, but when the smaller teams come to down, he tends to wind down, and his pace doesn't mean that much!

I agree with you on Sturridge however, but the only reason why we are marauding him as a winger is because we have a £50m striker we're playing up front, as well as Drogba, who is sitting on the bench... plus, 4-4-2 (diamond), as we all know, never works at our club because the opposition just walks all over us!

Ahh, I know. But:

a. He skinned Ashley Cole, who's not as pacy any more anyway

&

b. Our defence was all over that place, that day. Even Kalou would've scored past us!

A winger, who doesn't want to be a winger, isn't for us imo. We will regret not singing Chamberlain, I believe. Lalkovic, step on up.

His hit a miss half the time i remember when we beat them 4-1 at the there place and he had a chance to score in the first few mins and fluffed it. though we do need a proper right winger but there are better options out there. Also if Arsenal are to sell to us it would be at an inflated fee.

I cold heartedly disagree.

In the absolute, for me his signing would not be incomprehensible. But in the situation we are, I doubt that the club would be even interested by him. And of course, he would be likely to be mis-used one more time

As I said above, about the figure you evoke, it depends of what kind of one to one situation you mean. If it's when the striker has a decent angle to shoot and so a reliable chance to score or shoot on target... or if it's when he is facing a ridiculous acute angle and that he has no other choice (if he decides to shoots rather than cross) than to shoot with strength targeting the second post (so with the risk that the shoot would cross the... touchline :lol:)

I haven't the impression you have, considering one notices the difference between these two situations, the real figure of the situations where he is likely to face if he is used as a central striker appears more to Walcott's advantage. Last term, his start of the campaign was very good, not only he scored goals but they were all through the axis. He had success but that fact did/does not prevent for the quality Walcott has in front of goal

The only interest in Walcott's profile is his speed and the quality of his calls (clearly different & non-consequentialspoints). No need to be very skilly, Darren Bent isn't, neither is Chicharito... they are very average on the ball but are killers in the box thanks to their finishing and movement abilities

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You