Avram Grant

I do find it strange that none of the players have come out and had a pop at Grant and I cant belive for a minute that they would be worried about Roman finding out. Whats he going to do to them? Drogba, Possibly the most upset about Jose being sacked, has simply came out with a few mumbles about his "dream" to play for Barca, etc, but nothing more. After the CC defeat against Rottenham I'd have banked on the likes of Ballack, Ashley having a pop but nothing.

As I've said previously, It'll all come out in the wash once the books come out, etc but I do have this sneaking suspicion that Roman is lining a few pockets to keep them sweet.

Either way, I want it minuted that I still think that Grant's a cunt :blue scalf:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do find it strange that none of the players have come out and had a pop at Grant and I cant belive for a minute that they would be worried about Roman finding out. Whats he going to do to them? Drogba, Possibly the most upset about Jose being sacked, has simply came out with a few mumbles about his "dream" to play for Barca, etc, but nothing more. After the CC defeat against Rottenham I'd have banked on the likes of Ballack, Ashley having a pop but nothing.

As I've said previously, It'll all come out in the wash once the books come out, etc but I do have this sneaking suspicion that Roman is lining a few pockets to keep them sweet.

Either way, I want it minuted that I still think that Grant's a cunt :blue scalf:

I think the last thing the players want is bringing the club into disrepute so by keeping silent,it's the best way.Their agents would also advise them to keep sctum.

You might be right though over Roman lining pockets.

power eh?

I wouldn't be surprised. The players are not idiots, they know Grant came in to gradually push Mourinho out of the door. José was their idol and inspiration, Grant doesn't even compare in their eyes anymore. After every good performance comes a poor one, its an emergin pattern.

Grant has lost the players confidence, clearly. He really should not have accepted them holding a meeting over his, should have demanded they attend now, threatened with fines and what not. At least then the players could respect his discipline. But instead, he just meekly accepts it, and now the players know they can get what they want. That spells trouble, unless someone in the group of players, i.e. John Terry is holding the utmost respect of the players and manages to keep them in order himself. I do think he'd be able to do this, but it is really a manager's job.

By the end of the season, JT is going to more qualified to manage a football club than Grant ever has!

Bullseye.

Ok Elliott,but had of Grant stamped his authority,flexed muscle and refused the players to have a meeting,that would of made things alot worse.They're proffesional footballers remember,not kids.

It's not the fact that they're having a meeting, it's the fact that they've chosen to ignore his request to meet him at a specific time. That calls for action as it's a break in discipline.

I'm not favouring Grant here, I can understand why the players did it, but the fact is, if Grant wanted to keep their respect, he should have laid down the law here.

I wouldn't be surprised. The players are not idiots, they know Grant came in to gradually push Mourinho out of the door. José was their idol and inspiration, Grant doesn't even compare in their eyes anymore. After every good performance comes a poor one, its an emergin pattern.

i'm not sure that that's true, how do you know that for a fact?

i don't like grant at all but we've only so far lost to spuds the the CC final, we're a lot closer to man ure and 2arses than at any time, and still in the other 2 cup competitions.

and i look at the same old names crop again, essien and carvahlo only signed new cotracts recently so i can't see them screaming to leave, and the other 2 well, it dosn't surprise me they're quoting drogba and lampard they've been the main names all season, i do not believe there's going to be an exodus of our top players, what's the point? is grant going to be there next season?

regards:JBD

guy's guy's and gals

please i know that there's quite a few of you that hate grant more than me, but for crying out loud please don't believe all that is detremental to grunt and chelse in general.

cor fucking 'ell guv, if your going to say that if someone's wrote shit about the gormless one it's gotta be true.... me i don't believe any of the crap until someone shows me definate proof, i mean surely ppl you've been around long enough to know utter bollocks that is constantly coming up about grunt, and you want to sit there and believe it.

regards:JBD

There's more chance of me managing Chelsea next season than Grant. Roman's made some really bad decisions but he wont make the mistake of believing he can do anything other than appoint a replacement in the summer imo.

Is no-one going to question the players here at all? Don't get me wrong, I really can't stand Grant and its clearer everyday he hasnt got the first idea how to manage a squad of players. But shouldn't we be just a little worried that some of them are starting to think they're bigger than the club? If they've got concerns about the manager, is holding meetings of their own the right way to go about it? He's the manager whether they like it or not and surely the way to change that is to approach Roman? They cant run the club on their own no matter how they feel.

It may not be that they feel themselves bigger than the club, just that they want to continue playing good football, and see Grant as an irrelevance. They were probably well fucked off about the Carling selection, and the way no one knew who was playing until a few hours before. ie keeping them in the dark, so a snub to the toad was in order.

Approaching Abramovich may be out of the equation individually, but perhaps they should send a delegate, who represents them en masse, saying ''look this cunt's useless''

There's more chance of me managing Chelsea next season than Grant. Roman's made some really bad decisions but he wont make the mistake of believing he can do anything other than appoint a replacement in the summer imo.

Well I think you'd get better results Misschief. I think the club and team will continue to grind out what could be termed successful results, though as already seen in the three 'big' games that we fucked up in, the lack of tactical nous becomes glaringly apparent.

If this trend continues he will indeed be offski come May.

The follow on is interesting ie who do we get ? -my dosh would be on Hiddink, and also........who the fuck would want Grant as a manager anywhere else ?? hes not fit for the Isthmian League in reality. My guess is that his blushes would be spared, and another Israeli billionaire would save his face.

The follow on is interesting ie who do we get ? -my dosh would be on Hiddink, and also........who the fuck would want Grant as a manager anywhere else ?? hes not fit for the Isthmian League in reality. My guess is that his blushes would be spared, and another Israeli billionaire would save his face.

It needs to be someone who's used to handling big ego's - Rijkaard is one who doesnt seem to be going away. Can't stand him personally but right now I'd be prepared to put up with him - and I really can't believe I'm saying that. Hiddink's another possible.

Another one out of a job in May will be Ancelotti, but I just can't see him fancying Chelsea somehow. And then of course Rafa'll be available as well...... :whistling:

What will become of the Clueless One? he'll go back to shuffling.........cones. :D

^ lol.

When I first heard about the Rijkaard rumor I was pretty excited b/c let's face it, ANYONE is better than who we've got. But I honestly think we could do better than the Barça boy. He knew how to handle big stars but not any more...now he is just randomly rotating Messi, Eto'o, Henry, and Ronaldinho even though Messi and Eto'o deserve to play every game. He is just too nice about it, which is why Jose seems like the one who is gonna replace him.

Everyone seems to think he is deffo off in the summer regardless of being sacked, but I think he is gonna take a break from managing anyways, so we should maybe look elsewhere. I would be happy with anyone of Ancelotti, Lippi, or Hiddink, but then again anything is a step up from what we've got.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You