David Villa

i think Villa is brilliant, really good striker but he is 29 and there is no way we should pay 40 million for him (altho i doubt we are really in for him) but 28-30 million and i think id have to say go for it. Seems that this summer is sponsored by the number 40,000,000fainthv9.gif

It's just the endless speculation of the media. We and City are mentioned in every transfer :whistling: There's no way in hell we'll sign him.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the endless speculation of the media. We and City are mentioned in every transfer :whistling: There's no way in hell we'll sign him.

na i cant see it either but he would be a great addition to the team and front 3 ,if thats what we are going for. I think he is fantastic coming in from the left and striking

Let's get another struggling Spanish forward, who's in?

i think david villias record speaks for itself, plus wasnt his stats last season something like a goal every other game or just under that and it was only last summer he was the stand out striker in the world cup winning spain side.

Remember someone called Ibrahimovic?

Ibra was being frozen out though. David Villa has played almost every game for them, despite his Torres-run-of-form! Lazy journalism. After Rossi being close to a Barca switch it's an easy rumour to make up.

Why would we "give" Barcelona the money to become even stronger in exchange for a 29 year old player who is a striker btw!? Absolutely not needed. Why wouldn't we rather pay a bit more for Aguero or Neymar for example? They would pay back the money to us and buying them wouldn't make Barcelona stronger.

Ibra was being frozen out though. David Villa has played almost every game for them, despite his Torres-run-of-form! Lazy journalism. After Rossi being close to a Barca switch it's an easy rumour to make up.

Ibra was a starting XI. He played almost every game for them.

I've love him to come to us just to get Cescpit out the premiership. Plus David Villa aint bad... Torres' spain partner, Nando would love it and so i would i. Could u just imagine a front 3 of Drogba, Torres & Villa... wow. Lukaku can watch.

Anyway although it makes huge sense (At least to me) it probably wont happen.

Torres' spain partner, Nando would love it and so i would i. Could u just imagine a front 3 of Drogba, Torres & Villa... wow. Lukaku can watch.

Actually I don't think Torres would love it. He and Villa are friends but playing with Villa in the Spain kinda crimps Torres' game. Of course Spain plays the game that is best for the team overall and not for Torres so he has to grin and bear it. Or he can be easily replaced.

Barcelona wanted Villa for a long time so I don't think they would be as quick to get rid as they did with Ibra. I think they'll do it if the stars align but won't do it hastily or for cheap. Villa is Spain's greatest striker and still very, very good but I think with turning 30 this year, his prime years are rapidly coming to a close. Barca may be happy to let go if they can get good money for him. And since he's not one of the Masia boys, the club can be ruthless. And honestly, if they bring in Sanchez, Fabergas and a top striker, they'll likely even be better, which is scary.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You