Chelsea B in other league?

Glanced upon an article talking about how Udinese managed to take advantage of the Spanish league system to establish an unofficial "Udinese B" in the La Liga to promote its reserves and youth players.

So basically Udinese itself is competing in the Serie A while its B team is also competing on the highest level of football, which is the La Liga.

Through this loophole of the system, the reserves & youth players gain experience and at the same time increases their value in the transfer market.

This kinda sounds tempting for big clubs... especially for us to send out our excess youngsters to gain experience at the highest level of football.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so exploitable, I say we use Roman's moolah to establish a permanent Cheslea B in the Champioship. Similar to Barca B it can't participate in Cup Tournaments and can't be promted to the same divsision as Chelsea.

This is so exploitable, I say we use Roman's moolah to establish a permanent Cheslea B in the Champioship. Similar to Barca B it can't participate in Cup Tournaments and can't be promted to the same divsision as Chelsea.

was mooted by Wenger a few years ago ,,,no chance of it happening

where would we play? Its not like we have 15 000 capacity 'Mini Estadi' like Barcelona B and i'm sure the pitch at Stamford Bridge would not be able to host 2 games per week- the grass itself, policing, Fulham Broadway station etc and lets be honest Cobham isn't adequate for a league competition with a B team (if we were to be in Npower league 1 etc.

• 7 months later...

Trust the Premier League, the most watched globally, to be the slowest with this B-team system. Incredible how everyone knows it's the solution yet it's still not been implemented!

If I remember, didn't Mourinho asked for that as well?

And if so, that was years ago....

AVB asking for it, might as well be the same like Mourinho, it falls on nobody's ear.

Brazilian teenager Piazon heads Chelsea’s next generation

http://www.telegraph...generation.html

Villas-Boas named three players in the under-18s squad for whom he had high hopes. They are Nathan Ake, Adam Nditi and Lucas Piazon, none of whom was born in England.

No Chalobah and Kane?

I fully support the B team idea. Reserve system is well and truly outdated, it's shown its flaws and no profits. Although I think they would have to get to Championship from the bottom. Shoving them in on the expense of another team would be unjust, plus it would show if our reserves and youth are even on the Championship level, maybe they wouldn't be able to promote from 2nd division, who knows.. It would also be more competitive for them.