New Deal for Hilario

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the club decided to delay the goalkeeper decision. Delac's disastrous loan and not having a manager with a clear picture of our goalies might have something to do with it.

Delac said he improved this season. Apparently he and GK coach worked very close.

He's better than made out to be, IMO. Of course not Chelsea quality but then not a whole lot of the outfield players are either.

He mite be better, atleast i havent seen that from him. IMO at times even Gomes would be ashamed of what he does. U just cant rely on him, everytime the ball is around the box it seems like the opponent is going to score. He just the worst among everyone we have and renewing his contract for me really is ridiculous, this at the specially at that time when we are trying to revamp our side. Are we trying to save money on the second goalie and use it in the so called future superstars?

He mite be better, atleast i havent seen that from him. IMO at times even Gomes would be ashamed of what he does. U just cant rely on him, everytime the ball is around the box it seems like the opponent is going to score. He just the worst among everyone we have and renewing his contract for me really is ridiculous, this at the specially at that time when we are trying to revamp our side. Are we trying to save money on the second goalie and use it in the so called future superstars?

Turnbull is by far and away our worst GK since Ambrosio, again, imo.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the new deal either mind, maybe we're just preparing to sell Turnbull, send Delac on loan again and promote one of the academy guys to 3rd choice and hence opted for his experience for 1 more year.

Turnbull is by far and away our worst GK since Ambrosio, again, imo.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the new deal either mind, maybe we're just preparing to sell Turnbull, send Delac on loan again and promote one of the academy guys to 3rd choice and hence opted for his experience for 1 more year.

Doubt it. We'll keep him for the homegrown quota.

Like to think of when we need Hilario against Barcelona and he had a fantastic game. Deserves credit for being a good back-up keeper, perhaps not the glamourous option but if it was between signing someone like Begovic to warm the bench, or give Hilario an extension i know what i'd choose. Tis indeed good news

I still wonder why did we sign Turnbull ?rolleyes.gif

Physio's assistant?

On a more serious note, this topic made me look up our GK's and Cech isn't even 30 yet. I did not realize that. It seems like he's been here forever. Hopefully he can remain healthy for another decade; he's been remarkably consistent. (And we wouldn't have to deal with the antics of our backups. I miss Carlo Cudicini.)