Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomCFC

New Deal for Hilario

Started by TomCFC,

68 posts in this topic

This is a pointless contract extension. I've always said Sam Walker would make an idea backup while still playing reserve football when he doesn't need to be feature. We've got an abundance of goal keeping talent in our ranks. Hilario is not one of them..

Agree, if Cech has a long lay off Hilario isnt a replacement that inspires confidence -though this sort of thing doesnt surprise me any more

Let's hope this is his last contract extension. No disrespect to the guy but he's simply not good enough to fill Cech's boots if needed.

I don't see anyhting wrong with the new deal. Hilario has been a magnificent back up goalie for us over the years and has stood up to the task against teams like barcelojna, man utd, liverpool et al. a true professional and no complaints here

Magnificent is a bit of an exaggeration isn't it?

Hilario is better than the other top four back up goalies

Really? I thought Arsenal had pretty good back-up goalies like that whatsisname Schezny....but then again all their keepers are only fit to be back-up goalies...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo........... Hilarious Hilario one more year :doh:

He's better than made out to be, IMO. Of course not Chelsea quality but then not a whole lot of the outfield players are either.

He is only a backup keeper, last season he played like once. I think he's fine for what he does. Who's to say he won't be our no. 3 and we'll sign a new no. 2 anyway. I don't mind this guy sitting on the bench as much as I mind people like Kalou starting games.

I guess the club decided to delay the goalkeeper decision. Delac's disastrous loan and not having a manager with a clear picture of our goalies might have something to do with it.

Delac said he improved this season. Apparently he and GK coach worked very close.

He's better than made out to be, IMO. Of course not Chelsea quality but then not a whole lot of the outfield players are either.

He mite be better, atleast i havent seen that from him. IMO at times even Gomes would be ashamed of what he does. U just cant rely on him, everytime the ball is around the box it seems like the opponent is going to score. He just the worst among everyone we have and renewing his contract for me really is ridiculous, this at the specially at that time when we are trying to revamp our side. Are we trying to save money on the second goalie and use it in the so called future superstars?

He mite be better, atleast i havent seen that from him. IMO at times even Gomes would be ashamed of what he does. U just cant rely on him, everytime the ball is around the box it seems like the opponent is going to score. He just the worst among everyone we have and renewing his contract for me really is ridiculous, this at the specially at that time when we are trying to revamp our side. Are we trying to save money on the second goalie and use it in the so called future superstars?

Turnbull is by far and away our worst GK since Ambrosio, again, imo.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the new deal either mind, maybe we're just preparing to sell Turnbull, send Delac on loan again and promote one of the academy guys to 3rd choice and hence opted for his experience for 1 more year.