Iker Muniain

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was great against ManU and played well in other notable Europa games, but he is not that player on a consistent basis in La Liga in fact not even close.

I completely disagree with this thought process. It would be madness to pay 30m based only on potential, his current performance doesn't even come close to warrant that.

I see him on a consistent basis, nothing i see from him to say i should splash 30m on the player. He has the potential, but your taking a big risk. I can't imagine any club doing so.

You don't sign the best players in world football without taking risks.

• 3 weeks later...

Why are we going to pay 38 million to Porto when we could get this guy for 30 million and he has potential to be AMAZING.... as good a signing Hulk would be imagine Mata - Hazard - Muniain in the same attacking midfield area.

I believe it is premature to go for any Atletico Bilbao player when all they really did was be a cup side in the previous season. While Munian is a good player Bilbao finishing 10th says a lot and the only real standout players from their team was Martinez and Llorente (they've broken into Spain's squad)/Iraizoz (rated as the best goalkeeper in Liga BBVA 2011/12by WhoScored). While I agree he has potential but £30m doesn't warrent this as we did it before with Shaun Wright-Phillips and now he's at QPR. We'd be far better off with Hulk, Navas or Susaeta (he had 7 assists in Liga BBVA for Atletico Bilbao and 6 goals from RW too) though I admit Susaeta is a risk but at 24 he's demonstrated consistent performances for a few seasons now where as Munian has broken in at 19 and only really influenced the Europa League campaign.

I believe it is premature to go for any Atletico Bilbao player when all they really did was be a cup side in the previous season. While Munian is a good player Bilbao finishing 10th says a lot and the only real standout players from their team was Martinez and Llorente (they've broken into Spain's squad)/Iraizoz (rated as the best goalkeeper in Liga BBVA 2011/12by WhoScored). While I agree he has potential but £30m doesn't warrent this as we did it before with Shaun Wright-Phillips and now he's at QPR. We'd be far better off with Hulk, Navas or Susaeta (he had 7 assists in Liga BBVA for Atletico Bilbao and 6 goals from RW too) though I admit Susaeta is a risk but at 24 he's demonstrated consistent performances for a few seasons now where as Munian has broken in at 19 and only really influenced the Europa League campaign.

Hulk is needed more than Munian because it saves us having to buy a striker and we kill two birds with one stone. Also add that with Hazard and Mata, i'd prefer us to get a physical player in there who won't be bullied and can help us out in that aspect. Muniain will be a great player but we already have lots of potential stars, would prefer us to get someone older, i.e Hulk

As has been said above, Munian is a very talented player playing in an exciting Bilbao side but for me he is a bit too similar to Mata and Hazard. Hulk has the skill and technique to play in a fluid attacking system but he also has the physicality to give our play a different aspect, with Mata, Hazard and Munian we might suddenly start looking a little "Arsenal" in attack.

He will be fantastic, but never in england!

One thing is to play with spanish team against english, other is to play with english team in premier league.

He will go to Madrid or barca...

30mio is far too much, looking at Hazard who was 35.

Muniain had great match against United, but

he didnt showed that in final...

Plus our team wont depend on two talented wings...at least one has to be mature. I prefer Hulk over Muniain anyday.

• 11 months later...

What's this ANOTHER transfer topic by Spike? Deal With It.

Iker was hot stuff a while back, tearing up the BBVA like no other but since Marco Biesla is an idiot of the highest order he has been screwing up the almighty Basque giants Bilabao and Iker in the process. One goal this season has made he look worse than he actually is, and his hype has died massively since he tore ManUtd to shreds a little while back.

Go.

Iker-Muniain-David-De-Gea-sleep.jpg

May be he was just a one season wonder? :ph34r:

I ll be honest i don'tr follow La Liga as religiously as i follow EPL , hence has no comments on him but he did run circles around Man Utd. He was kinda short for me though!

Think since Bielsa has changed Bilbao from a 4-3-3 the whole team has suffered. Martinez was also a massive loss for them and not playing Llorente is suicide for them but the rest of the team has suffered. Muniain especially, plus I'm sure there is a Muniain thread somewhere. If he can get his career going again I believe he will be a special player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You