Iker Muniain

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athletic Club are not the kind of team who can be lured by money. Muniain will not leave for England, I know the boy from when we were younger and his entire life is in Bilbao, Athletic will treat him well and make a loocal legend out of him the same way they did with Exteberría and Guerrero in the 90s. There's just not enough reasons for him to want a move to any of the bigger clubs in Spain, let alone in the rest of Europe.

I reckon it'd be lovely to see such a player playing in Blue, tho, but it's just not happening. Ever. :)

Athletic Club are not the kind of team who can be lured by money. Muniain will not leave for England, I know the boy from when we were younger and his entire life is in Bilbao, Athletic will treat him well and make a loocal legend out of him the same way they did with Exteberría and Guerrero in the 90s. There's just not enough reasons for him to want a move to any of the bigger clubs in Spain, let alone in the rest of Europe.

I reckon it'd be lovely to see such a player playing in Blue, tho, but it's just not happening. Ever. :)

Similar to Llorente then.

Similar to Llorente then.

Pretty much the same, yes. Athletic only sell their first-team players when they start becoming decadent or have some sort of discipline issues, like when they got rid of Fran Yeste. Although there's still a little hope to see Llorente in the Premier League, mainly because his style suits the PL.

Thanks for the insight. Just curious, how highly rated is he in Spain? There's an endless supply of talent coming out of Spain now...Martinez, Thiago, Muniesa...it's unbelievable really. Bielsa been doing a brilliant job with Bilbao by the way...the way they press reminds me a bit of how Barca press (no coincidence since Bielsa was influential in shaping Guardiola's philosophy). In terms of evolutionary play, Bielsa's done an amazing job in moving Bilbao away from the long ball style English team to a very direct, very skillfull counter-attacking side. I'd say that he's done what AVB is trying to do, with limited success, with Chelsea.

• 1 month later...

Watching the Man Utd v A.Bilbao game and this fella looks a cracking player. Pacy, occupies wide areas, direct, can go past a man or two and looks like he's got quality in his passing. 20 years old and plays in area's where we desperately need to strengthen.

Seems to have a great work ethic too. Would be expensive, maybe £25m+ but looks a good option.

He'll never join to Chelsea becuase he's playing for much better team currently.

Oh come on, stop being so pesimistic. We are in a bad position at the moment, but it happens. He is exactly what we need, not a big star and wouldn't cost too much.

Would love him at the Bridge, quality player. We need to keep the spanish influence going because we could be fucking awesome with Romeu, Mata, Munain and Torres with Llorente. Llorente is one of the best strikers at what he does.

Would love him at the Bridge, quality player. We need to keep the spanish influence going because we could be fucking awesome with Romeu, Mata, Munain and Torres with Llorente. Llorente is one of the best strikers at what he does.

That. He is greatly underrated but I am a firm believer that he is up there with the best strikers in the world.

Oh come on, stop being so pesimistic. We are in a bad position at the moment, but it happens. He is exactly what we need, not a big star and wouldn't cost too much.

There was not many great players who agree to move to another club from Athletic. Biggest legends of Athletic were turning down offers from Real and Barcelona just to spend whole carrier there and they're now role models for younger players.

Lille can get stuffed if they are wanting 35 million or more for Hazard, especially with young Muinian probably available for 15 million euros if Bilbao would sell him. Absolute gem, potential to be better than Pedro, Villa, Jesus Navas and a few other Spanish wingers. If we signed him I would be absolutely delighted, been following him since last season, destined for big, big things. He has incredible technique, pace, work rate and as shown tonight he is up for a bit of physical competition as well. Whoever signs this boy in future, Chelsea or another club, will definitely have a special player on their hands

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You