Youth Hit Out

yup, agree with you.... Bruma, Kakuta are all raw at the moment and surely not first team material as of now

To be honest none of the players (with the exception of Borini) that were quoted would have been good enough for Chelsea, Sinclair couldn't even get a first team place at Wigan, Jack Cork would always be used as a squad player at best and nothing more (and he wants to be a first team starter), and Mancinenne is average and weak for a defender.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck if they want to hit out at us I say, ultimately they're not good enough. Would they get in at any other top teams? No.

They've been spoiled by exploits of people like Messi, Fabregas, Rooney and Ronaldo, thinking that when they're at 20 - 22 they should be playing in CL knockout games.

EDIT: RE Beckford

Just because someone scores against you doesn't mean that they're better than your world class defence. 1. He plays for Everton, our bogey team and we never show up against them in the league. 2) We released him, it gives him that extra fire in his belly to do well against us, it's a small time player mentality

I think some are missing the point by this thread.

It's not about these individuals, it's about how our academy is being seen by any prospective youngster looking for a club. We offer no incentive at all right now. Our last youth product was John Terry, 11 years ago! Yes we've got one coming in, Josh McEachran, but 2 players in 11 years? Really?

We need to offer more hope for other youth players. I'm willing to bet, for every signing we make, the youth players lose more confidence. We need to start giving them more bench places and more opportunities to come on and shows their stuff. Even if it's for 10minutes, it still gives them hope.

I gave up on our Youth policy last season or the season before I think. I don't hold any hope whatsoever for our youth players to make it to the first team. It's just nicer to watch them play and track them than the first team.

So now we're supposed to do what we did with Sturridge, for everyone? Give him 10 mins, everyone sees he needs more, loan him out and then sell him...

We would've sold JT if he wanted to leave as well anyway. No hope for our youth, who was the last real MU player to break through from their youth ranks btw?

We would've sold JT if he wanted to leave as well anyway. No hope for our youth, who was the last real MU player to break through from their youth ranks btw?

LMAO no-one. They keep relying on past days of Giggs, Scholes, Neville & all those idiots. :lol:

I think some are missing the point by this thread.

It's not about these individuals, it's about how our academy is being seen by any prospective youngster looking for a club. We offer no incentive at all right now. Our last youth product was John Terry, 11 years ago! Yes we've got one coming in, Josh McEachran, but 2 players in 11 years? Really?

We need to offer more hope for other youth players. I'm willing to bet, for every signing we make, the youth players lose more confidence. We need to start giving them more bench places and more opportunities to come on and shows their stuff. Even if it's for 10minutes, it still gives them hope.

Couldn't agree more.

EDIT: RE Beckford

Just because someone scores against you doesn't mean that they're better than your world class defence. 1. He plays for Everton, our bogey team and we never show up against them in the league. 2) We released him, it gives him that extra fire in his belly to do well against us, it's a small time player mentality

If he only scored against Chelsea, then this would be a valid argument. Unfortunately he is finding the back of the net vs. other prem opposition. True he may have never been a starter @ Chelsea, but it still burns me up to see a Chelsea Academy grad elsewhere, applying his trade, which was helped developed @ Chelsea. I see the end result helping the other English clubs, but not Chelsea.

Guest justin_3d

Like i said, philosophy of the club. Something Arnesen said.

It would be hard for our youth to get a chance.

So we will keep selling them till out philosophy changes.

PL starts of U21 players speak louder than quotes.

I quoted a stat from our website on another thread ..for the 5 players promoted to first team squad ...this year combined number of PL starts

FOUR and 14 from the bench

I quoted a stat from our website on another thread ..for the 5 players promoted to first team squad ...this year combined number of PL starts

FOUR and 14 from the bench

Did they say how long they each played?