test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LDN Blue

Youth Hit Out

Started by LDN Blue,

57 posts in this topic

We would've sold JT if he wanted to leave as well anyway. No hope for our youth, who was the last real MU player to break through from their youth ranks btw?

LMAO no-one. They keep relying on past days of Giggs, Scholes, Neville & all those idiots. :lol:

I think some are missing the point by this thread.

It's not about these individuals, it's about how our academy is being seen by any prospective youngster looking for a club. We offer no incentive at all right now. Our last youth product was John Terry, 11 years ago! Yes we've got one coming in, Josh McEachran, but 2 players in 11 years? Really?

We need to offer more hope for other youth players. I'm willing to bet, for every signing we make, the youth players lose more confidence. We need to start giving them more bench places and more opportunities to come on and shows their stuff. Even if it's for 10minutes, it still gives them hope.

Couldn't agree more.

EDIT: RE Beckford

Just because someone scores against you doesn't mean that they're better than your world class defence. 1. He plays for Everton, our bogey team and we never show up against them in the league. 2) We released him, it gives him that extra fire in his belly to do well against us, it's a small time player mentality

If he only scored against Chelsea, then this would be a valid argument. Unfortunately he is finding the back of the net vs. other prem opposition. True he may have never been a starter @ Chelsea, but it still burns me up to see a Chelsea Academy grad elsewhere, applying his trade, which was helped developed @ Chelsea. I see the end result helping the other English clubs, but not Chelsea.

Look at his career since he left us, he's had to go bottom up, he's not young you know...I would be happy for him but he's played for Leeds and Everton...

Like i said, philosophy of the club. Something Arnesen said.

It would be hard for our youth to get a chance.

So we will keep selling them till out philosophy changes.

PL starts of U21 players speak louder than quotes.

I quoted a stat from our website on another thread ..for the 5 players promoted to first team squad ...this year combined number of PL starts

FOUR and 14 from the bench

I quoted a stat from our website on another thread ..for the 5 players promoted to first team squad ...this year combined number of PL starts

FOUR and 14 from the bench

Did they say how long they each played?

no but many of the subs were very short times

Hopefully next year's stats will be more promising :)

Did they say how long they each played?

Out of those 14 subs I'm pretty sure Sturridge must have been used at least 7 times for 5-10 minutes.

Sturridge: 13 subs, 150 minutes.

Bertrand: 1 sub, 34 minutes.

Bruma: 1 start, 1 sub, 110 minutes.

McEachran: 1 start, 7 subs, 181 minutes.

Kakuta: 1 start, 4 subs, 123 minutes. In PL for Chelsea.

From www.transfermarkt.co.uk

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Funny thing is that Sturridge is the most ready player out of these 5 and he's the only one who didn't start a game...:fainthv9:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

thanks for those stats ...if correct means Sturridge averaged less tha 12 minutes per appearance and less than two full games in total

for ALL 5 less than 600 minutes or less than 7 games ...WASTE

Promising goalkeeper Jan Sebek has opted against extending his contract at Chelsea and has left the club.

Instead of prolonging his association with the Blues,spacer.gif the 20-year-old shot-stopper has returned to his Czech roots and penned a three-year deal with FK Jablonec.

Sebek departs Stamford Bridge after four years spent in the club's Academy and reserve sides.

He was initially drafted in as a long-term replacement for countryman Petr Cech,spacer.gif but has been unable to make the progress he had hoped.

As a result, Sebek has decided that his development would be better served in his homeland. :(