Modern Warfare 3

Kez

Agreed! MW2 is a quality game but I stopped playing it due to getting hacked. Having everything unlocked for me is just no fun. Hope that's been sorted in the next one. The survival mode looks good, Modern Warfare's take on the zombie mode. I'm getting it Tuesday & the whole day will be spent getting into the game.

Fucking hell! A good looking girl that loves Chelsea and plays videogames!? They don't make 'em like that in my country :( Kez baby, if you ever find yourself in Serbia gimme a call, I'd love to meet you :eyebrows:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell! A good looking girl that loves Chelsea and plays videogames!? They don't make 'em like that in Serbia :(

You just said all the right words haha ;) If it's any consolation they don't make arses like Ivan's over here :(

Don't read the following unless you want me to spoil the story.

I loved the ending, seeing Price smoking a cigar whilst watching Makarov's hanging body sway in the breeze, classic! :lol: It always seems to involve a red screen and crawling towards the bad guy, doesn't it?! The character of Yuri was wonderfully executed, but it was a shame so see Soap killed off.

That's definitely the end of the Modern Warfare series then, and a fitting conclusion it is.

Deciding if i going to get this or Batman: Arkham City this weekend. Love the Call Of Duty series but just questioning if there is enough to breathe new life into the series for me as was getting a little bored and have not played COD for a while now.....

Have heard mixed signals from this - some saying it is the some ol', same ol' - some saying that the campaign mode is good and the multiplayer is quite the same. Any chances of a verification from some of guys ;)

Yeah, think of it as all the best bits of MW2 and Black Ops... combined to make a game that excels in some areas and is a disappointment in others.

The campaign is your typical COD-style series of missions; exaggerated and over-the-top visuals, exuberant characters (some of whom are wonderfully executed, such as Price and Yuri) and plenty of destructive mayhem to be enjoyed, whether its behind a Vulcan minigun in a Black Hawk or destroying buildings with AGMs... the climax is wonderfully tense and exciting, however, and in my opinion offers what would be a worthy end to the series should they decide this to be the final game in the series.

Online is a Marmite-esque scenario. The online engine is very similar to Black Ops, as it uses the Sledgehammer Games engine. The maps are mostly over-complicated and far too large as well, but with plenty of rooms on maps such as Dome and then sniper-suited maps such as Mission, there is plenty of variety. The major gripe is the smothness of the online from MW2 is definitely missing... but once you get used to it, its incredibly addictive but still endless fun!

I'm not disappointed with MW3 but it was certainly overhyped. Infinity Ward might have done themselves a favour by sticking with the MW2 engine, but instead the idea to incorporate Black Ops-style killstreaks, perks and level design can make the game an at-times infuriatingly tedious experience... thankfully there is enough of the spirit of the original Modern Warfares to encourage you to adapt to the new engine and ultimately enjoy it.