test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

8 minutes ago Sounds like Maurizio Sarri has joined his entourage in London now, according to @kisskissnapoli https://twitter.com/SiPhillipsSport/status/1000022772863721472
  3. Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Chelsea sound out Maurizio Sarri over replacing Antonio Conte Chelsea will meet with Maurizio Sarri’s representatives on Friday, with the former Napoli coach a candidate for the manager’s job should they sack Antonio Conte, who is widely expected to exit the club this summer. The Stamford Bridge side continue to weigh up the future of Conte, the Italian who warned Chelsea they would be losing a “serial winner” if they decided to replace him after winning the FA Cup at Wembley last weekend. “After two years, the club knows me very well,” Conte said. “If they want to continue to work with me, they know me. I can’t change. I am this and my past speaks very clearly, as a player and as a manager.” Napoli appointed Carlo Ancelotti as Sarri’s successor on Wednesday after the latter guided the team to a second-place Serie A finish in his third and final season at the club. The 59-year-old Sarri – who has never managed outside of his homeland – is mulling over an offer from Zenit St Petersburg, understood to be worth around £5.2m a year. However, it is believed that Sarri’s preference would be to join Chelsea but it is not clear whether he is the club’s primary target. Following Napoli’s 2-1 win over Crotone, which saw Napoli end the season with 91 points before his exit was confirmed, Sarri told La Gazzetta dello Sport: “What I do think is that I could not go directly to another Italian team, and that if I had to make a change I would prefer to go abroad. Everything in life ends and it is better to finish things after writing a beautiful story.” https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/25/chelsea-sound-out-maurizio-sarri-over-replacing-antonio-conte
  4. Piotr Zielinski

He is primarily a businessman tho the same as our board. So MAYBE something might work using swaps/cashh mixture.
  5. The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

Presumably Mane and Salah are observing Ramadan. Means they cant eat anything till an hour before kick off -hope it doesn't affect their performance...
  6. Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

But the vast majority of this season was a 100% different way to play along with player attitude compared to last season. And that cant all be down to Costa getting the Spanish archer or the supposed negativity of Conte. Last year we played some of the best football I have ever seen us play. There was a physical electric feeling in MH from the start that something good was going to happen. And apart from a couple of games at the start something good DID happen. We played smooth,fast attacking football, scored alot of goals and still kept a stromg defence. And to look at them play most of this year you would think someone had put sleeping tablets in their water! So it is possible for us to play good looking football. But for whatever reasons, and it cant all be put on Contes head, we haven't. Our problem will be going from one formation into another that are so different. It wont happen in a few weeks over the summer, and we know Romans impatiance levels.
  7. Today
  8. John Terry

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/25/report-terry-wont-be-allowed-chelsea-clause-in-new-villa-contrac/ Report: Terry will not be allowed Chelsea clause in new Villa contract ohn Terry would not be permitted to have any clause in a new contract with Aston Villa which would formally allow him to miss games against Chelsea. Steve Bruce, the Villa manager, has said he would not pick Terry against his former club if that is his wish but it is understood the Premier League would have deep concerns about any attempt by the former England captain to formalise such an arrangement in a written agreement or contract. Villa will return to the top flight if they beat Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship play-off final and in that situation Terry can trigger a one-year extension to his contract. It has been suggested he would want to have a clause included saying he would not play against Chelsea. Any attempt to do so however would fall foul of the Premier League, which took steps some years ago to prevent clubs selling players to rivals with a clause that they could not play against them. When Terry, 37, stepped down a division to join Villa he said part of the reason was that he did not want to play against Chelsea, where he made 717 appearances during a 19-year career. Bruce gave a tongue-in-cheek response to whether Terry would stay if Villa won promotion, saying: “Well, we’ll not pick him against Chelsea if that’s what he wants. I really genuinely hope he triggers it. All those phone calls to him, he hasn’t been disappointed with it. You can’t be disappointed when you walk through here.”
  9. Piotr Zielinski

If you ask me this seems a lot more realistic than koulibaly and Jorginho. ADL will never sell to us, especially after we took his manager. The only way to get the players Sarri has worked with before is to activate a release clause. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Jorginho

Napoli reporter claiming Jorginho is in the home stretch with Man City. Will be tough to overtake them even if we announce Sarri.
  11. Jean Seri

I still think if Jorginho is available we will go strong for him, even if we bring in Seri. I think Seri can play that attacking midfield role really well while having Jorginho holding and Kante literally everywhere else. RLC/Barkley can play that Seri role as well. Baka will be Kante backup. If we keep Cesc he obviously fits the pass master role, I also think Ampadu could be a really great option in the Jorginho role with a bit more crunch to him, could be a Sarri project. Jorginho Kante Seri
  12. Piotr Zielinski

No thanks... would only take Hysaj and maybe Koulibaly if there is no hefty crazy price placed on him by ADL... no point spending on player having same skill similar to Barkley/RLC....rather spend on players such like Fekir/Gelson and Seri...
  13. Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

Whilst on paper our squad doesn't look capable of playing the type of football Sarri has got Napoli playing, neither did Napoli at first. Players like Koulibaly were viewed as poor on the ball and lacking the positional awareness. Jorginho only became this 'pass master' under Sarri's style, and Insigne and Mertens were never as clinical beforehand. Firstly Sarri needs to be able to coach some of these players and get them to adapt to his methods and secondly we need to see if they can play in this way because we've never tried. Under Conte this season, playing so negative and slow it's always going to cause problems. It encourages teams to push up and press us and also gives time to mark players. Any player is going to struggle finding players up the pitch and unlocking doors in this way. A lot of people on this forum have used the excuse with Hazard's goal and assist output that he doesn't play in an offensive minded team, and maybe that is true. But it is also true for every single player at the club. Would our strikers score more goals if more clear chances are being created, same for our wingers. Would our midfielders be capable of dominating teams when on the front foot. Until we change our style of play we cannot be sure of how adaptable our players are to someone like Sarri. And even then, given the abundance of loan players and that we'll buy some players too this summer, I'm sure it can work. If anything it will take some time to develop and blossom just like Conte's back three did.
  14. Maurizio Sarri emerges as leading contender to replace Antonio Conte. Sarri wants to bring as many as five Napoli stars with him to Chelsea. READ MORE: Chelsea hold seven-hour-long talks with Sarri representatives Maurizio Sarri reportedly wants to bring several of his Napoli stars with him, should he agree a deal to replace Antonio Conte […]View the full article
  15. Chelsea set to hold talks to sign Jean-Michael Seri today. Except, we’re not. The Daily Star have had a mare here. READ MORE: Here’s who Chelsea are ACTUALLY holding talks with Chelsea are reportedly set to hold talks to sign OGC Nice midfielder Jean-Michael Seri today. Seri attracted interest from both Barcelona and Arsenal last […]View the full article
  16. Who will be the next Chelsea manager?

#Chelsea have accelerated their interest in appointing ex-Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri as their next boss. [Mail] Luis Enrique’s demands have provided a stumbling block, which leaves Sarri as the clear front-runner for the job and #Chelsea are poised to press ahead with their interest. [Mail]
  17. Chelsea hold seven-hour long talks with Maurizio Sarri’s representatives. More talks scheduled to take place between the two parties today (Friday). READ MORE: Champions League final: Can Chelsea qualify if Liverpool win? Maurizio Sarri’s representatives reportedly held lengthy talks with Chelsea on Thursday over the possibility of the former Napoli manager replacing Antonio Conte. Conte […]View the full article
  18. Piotr Zielinski

Yeah, saw it too. Apparently Koulibaly's on his wishlist too. He's a beast but he'll cost a shit of money for a position that we don't need strengthening.
  19. Piotr Zielinski

No thanks.I would only take Jorginho and ghoulam from them.
  20. Piotr Zielinski

Raul Albiol...
  21. Piotr Zielinski

From the newest Standard article: "He wants right-back Elseid Hysaj, midfielder Piotr Zielinski and 32-year-old defender Raul Albiol to join him if he takes charge of the Blues. All three have release clauses worth £44m, £57m and £5.2m respectively. "
  22. Piotr Zielinski

Whats his release?
  23. 9. Álvaro Morata

Unless Inter and us agree to a swap deal, I don't see how they and Milan can afford to buy Morata outright. They're both under FFP constraints.
  24. Chelsea interested in signing Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi. Blues prepared to offer Alvaro Morata plus £35M for Icardi. Roman Abramovich is not keen on paying his £87M release clause. READ MORE: Eden Hazard attracting interest from Premier League side Chelsea reportedly have a plan to give their front-line a major makeover this summer without […]View the full article
  25. Man City genuinely interested in signing Chelsea winger Eden Hazard. Kylian Mbappe, Leon Bailey and Riyad Mahrez all also options for City. READ MORE: Chelsea target’s agent issues warning ahead of negotiations Manchester City’s interest in signing Chelsea winger Eden Hazard is reportedly genuine, but he is just one of several players that the Premier […]View the full article
  26. Load more activity