All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I will check it out and hope he mentions the “unknown unknowns”, which is what I find severely missing in all these predictions. I will remain very skeptical on this. Although I have to admit that it certainly seems more fun than to discuss where the next nuclear bomb will detonate.
  3. Are they ? We did n't lose to pool, City. Why to them ? But Palmer is out.
  4. She (if you were referring to me) and I meant exponential rate of growth in the computational and learning power of generative AI, not human civilisation. The pace of AI development is exponential, with performance doubling every few months. This trend, known as Moore’s Law, has held steady for AI just as it has for computer processing power. Each new generation of AI algorithms is smarter and more capable than the last. Moore's law Moore's law is the observation that the number of transistors in an integrated circuit doubles about every two years. Moore's law is an observation and projection of a historical trend. Rather than a law of physics, it is an empirical relationship linked to gains from experience in production.
  5. One yardstick for AI could be the Putnam exam (US maths Olympiad). I don't have any pure calculus books here - left them in Egnland - but I can barely solve one problem, usually none. If AI can do the Putnam paper then it wins over human intelligence. The rest is trivial - just attach some limbs to it so it can walk, use screwdrivers etc.
  6. to blithely dismiss one of the fairly central architects in re AI developmental roll-out as 'your freindly YouTuber' says far more about you than me but let's take it up a notch in terms of centrality to AI as a whole and see why Geoffrey Hinton is worried about the future of AI Geoffrey Hinton, known to many as the “Godfather of AI,” recently made headlines around the world after leaving his job at Google to speak more freely about the risks posed by unchecked development of artificial intelligence, including popular tools like ChatGPT and Google’s PaLM. Why does he believe digital intelligence could hold an advantage over biological intelligence? How did he suddenly arrive at this conclusion after a lifetime of work in the field? Most importantly, what – if anything – can be done to safeguard the future of humanity? The University of Toronto University Professor Emeritus addresses these questions and more in The Godfather in Conversation. 00:00 Intro 01:03 Digital intelligence 02:27 Biological intelligence 03:47 Why worry? 04:39 Machine learning 07:07 Neural Nets 13:22 Neural nets and language 17:18 Challenges 18:49 Breakthrough moment 20:41 AlexNet 24:35 Pace of Innovation 26:04 ChatGPT 27:46 Public Reaction 29:49 Benefits for society 33:25 Pace of innovation 35:48 Sudden realization 37:13 Role of government 40:08 Big tech 42:32 Advice to researchers 43:50 Understanding risk 45:20 What’s next?
  7. What he means is the rate at which civilization is progressing. Suppose year 1924 to year 2024 counts as one unit. Then 1824 to 1924 how many units ? Let's say one unit again. But as we go back the units per one hundred years definitely get smaller. So the Romans of 300 AD were really better than the Macedonians of 200 BC ? I doubt it. The earliest finds of human activity are 3 million years old and it looks as if there is some exponential growth.
  8. He is out today, so Poch fans have their excuse ready.
  9. I don’t know many things, but these are pretty familiar to me especially exponential growth, given it’s something that pertains my daily work. Many algos have exponential growth relative to the dataset. generativeness I learned when I was 15 when I studied a stupid language called prolog, which was supposed to be the AI language — ML engines were all written in C despite the promises. These predictions are BS and that’s an opinion—no facts here. It’s actually pretty fucking ironic that an event so unique and new is so easy to predict (and far into the future) by your friendly YouTuber. the jobs will exponentially vanish tho. Industrial Revolution on steroids.
  10. Look suppose I give you a horse race card. You need to spend one-two hours to work out the form. But AI can do it at the push of a button. Of course if you go to the races and hang around there is hanky panky business going on you can sniff and it's better than form analysis. But form analysis is a necessary prerequisite and if AI does it for you, you must be pretty archaic not to use.
  11. to put it simply, very simply at this moment AI, through social media and other architectures (both electronic and human) is ramping up FUD in humankind FUD = Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
  12. Never mind about Artificial Intelligence, some real intelligence would be good
  13. You can't say that AI is per se hostile. But it may be superior. If you are against AI you are also against modern football systems and you want WM to come back.
  14. The jobs that vanish is an old story. The neighbourhood typist is one. Last time I visited one was in 1982, a little before the home line printer. My father gave me some documents he wanted typed. Funny thing that happened that day was this: The typist had a stack of papers on the next table. While she was typing I said "you need those ? I want them as scrap paper". She says "ok - take them". Then I read the back side and it was a list of shops of the neighbourhood as compiled in the local PASOK party headquarters. In it the various shopkeepers were described as "reactionaries", "exponents of the right" and such names. The PASOK party was fresh in government, in its pre-USA days.
  15. let me re-post this basic intro on some of the dangers of generative AI Mo Gawdat is the Former Chief Business Officer of Google X Development X Development LLC, doing business as X (formerly Google X), is an American semi-secret research and development facility and organization founded by Google in January 2010.
  16. the genie is already out of the bottle m8 there are obviously multiple points in history where you can say the threat started but to narrow it down I would draw a line under November 30, 2022 that is when ChatGPT, the first remotely truly powerful (and yet embryonic compared to what is to come) chatbot was released into the open, interconnective ecosphere humankind is already being so affected and manipulated by AI, but again, it is nothing comapred to what is to come
  17. Why ? When you go to the bank and it's 5 past 3 and the doors automatically close do you break them ? The robots will not turn hostile (maybe at some final stage they will). Also they will have people as frontmen.
  18. Today
  19. you seemingly do not understand a basic exponential growth curve then or (where the argument x is written as an exponent) nor apparently the concept of generativeness
  20. sure, puting Gallagher on wing, playing Madueke, puting Disasi on Doku, all great calls. Jackson sucks, but people defending Poch all season baffles me.
  21. Jackson needs to put away his chances first before thinking of taking penalties off of our chosen taker.
  22. Poch talks a good game, very light on delivering.
  23. Yesterday
  24. Definitely, but that has been the case all season eh. For the Arsenal match, I would definitely use Casadei and then introduce Carney during the game. May need to have minutes if Cole is out anyway. Poch will likely start Madueke to help D, but he might get tired chasing them in the second half. Wish Santos were available as well. Even Washington for a few minutes by the end if we are not chasing a result, or maybe even if we are. This would apply to the remaining game too; we need to know which of these players are employable for next season.
  25. Would be great if any of those players would be available. Both Ugo and Lavia are out for the season, that leaves Poch only can try Casadei there, or introduce Carney as 10.
  26. indeed. More so, we need to test some of these players to see how, and if, they can help out next season. It's great to give the "he's young" routine, but we need players ready to play for next season, and identifying who is who should be priority at this time.
  27. I'm not optimistic because they are better; it's OK to say that. They are a lot better and in case the eyeball check fails, the standings corroborate that notion. It's an away game, so that only makes things harder. Of course we can do that Fulham did, but that's the rare event (and quality to Fulham to consistently pulling upsets). Who knows, I suspect the strategy will be similar to City's, but Arsenal players will be fitter and motivated -- can't understand not admitting City players were a bit jaded after the 120 effort they put in not long before our match, which also caused them to lose their marquee signing for our clash. On the other hand, perhaps this is the time one of these counters connect and Jackson can get us the winner; stranger things have happened in football.
  28. More case not very good at scoring...they know they can't slip up and have something big to aim for soooo pressure is on. Hopefully can rise to the occasion but who knows with this lot.
  1. Load more activity

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You