All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. to close this out (I can no longer edit that post) Finally starting in 1992, with those great São Paulo sides (back to back and lost on pens trying for 3 in a row in 1994) they started to dominate it, other than a 5 year gap, 2000 to 2004, when Boca Juniors won 3 of the 5, and then 3 straight years (2007-2009) where no Brasilian club won it. The only 2 times Brasilian clubs won in that 10 years combined (2000 to 2009) were 2005 (São Paulo) and 2006 (Internacional). They also had a three year gap with no Brasilian wins in 2014 to 2016. Other than that they really were the best country for the most part since 1992. River Plate in 2018 (played in Madrid, v Boca, due to violence) is the only non Brasilian side to win it in the last 7 Libertadores.
  3. They don't give a shit about the average citizen. You need money to even be taken serious.
  4. Every club on that list except 2 have already won a world club championship trophy (either the Intercontinental Cup or the Fifa World Club Cup or both) except two PSG and Benfica (lost back to Intercontinental Cups in 1961 and 1962): The 2 games in the 1962 IC were the only 2 club matches that Pelé and Eusébio ever played against each other (the only other match they faced each other was Brasil v Portugal at Goodison in the 1966 World Cup, with Portugal winning 3 -1, Eusébio scored a brace) The only other teams to lose back to back ICs are AC Milan, and then Estudiantes and Indpendiente (both from Argentina) BUT Independiente are only team on the planet ever to play in more than 2 main continental finals (European Cup/Champions Leage for European clubs, and then the Copa Libertadores for South American clubs) and never lose. They have 7 wins, no losses, including 4 in a row, in Copa Libertadores finals. We would be the 2nd (3 wins no losses), if not for Moscow, in 2008. Another crazy stat is that in the first 32 Copa Libertadores (1960-1991), after the back to back wins in the 3rd and 4th ones by Pele's Santos, Brasilian clubs only won 3 more Cruzeiro in 1976 Flamengo in 1981 (Zico-led) and Grêmio in 1983 Finally starting in 1992, with those great São Paulo sides (back to back and lost on pens trying for 3 in a row in 1994) they started to dominate it.
  5. PSG couldn't beat Dortmund... See how easy it is to flip the narrative. PSG are obviously massive favourites, and for good reason too. Nothing is a certainty in football, though.
  6. the Nouveau riche are chokers until they aren't. Success begets success and so on. Remember when people laughed at City and now they dominate in all comps.
  7. I would like to think after the Sterling one they allocated a designated taker but even before that Palmer had taken 5 of the 8 penalties we had gotten prior to that. It certainly looks that way because Palmer has also taken every penalty since when he has been on the pitch. Madueke and Jackson both making a sideshow of the best performance of the season was an egotistical thing. Dele Alli nailed it in a oner, they didn’t try take the ball off him in the game against Man United when the pressure was on. Pair of them are average players with poor mentalities.
  8. Sterling took one of Palmer recently? And this is not first time Madueke/Jackson are sneaking around. It's weird.
  9. And if thats his approach and Cole has been taking them all? Is it still not clear that they've decided he is the one to take them?
  10. Two games ago Poch was asked directly if he has set penalty kicker in Palmer, his reply was, "I let the lads decide who takes the penalties". So as of two games ago, he didn't have a set player. Only after the bad optics is he now saying he does. I am not impressed at all by Poch.
  11. Barca lost the chance to qualify for World Cup next summer. 11 of 12 already known. Chelsea Manchester City Bayern Dortmund Juventus Inter Real Madrid Atletico Madrid PSG Benfica Porto Arsenal need to win CL to qualify. Or it will be Salzburg.
  12. Oh for fuck sake. Ok sure Palmer has taken what 8 or 9 pens this season but its somehow still not crystal clear that he is the designated penalty taker? Be like saying Jorginho or Hazard weren’t the designated penalty takers in previous seasons gone by 🤔 You don’t let someone take 8 or 9 penalties in a season if they are not the designated penalty taker. I mean do you honestly believe that every time we get a penalty, the players are just deciding who takes it in the moment? And coincidentally it always seems to be Cole 😂? Sure he could of subbed them or fined them or done whatever but he has publicly slammed them. It’s so clear the players themselves should shoulder the blame. Not the manager. How is there any uncertainty? Palmer has taken the most penalties for us this season and hasn’t missed one yet. If anything it should be pretty blatantly obvious to everyone inside and on the outside of the club that he is the designated penalty taker… or he wouldn’t have taken so many. I mean how are people struggling to grasp this? I get Poch hasn’t done particularly well but theres only so much we can blame him for. What he said about this situation and the players not thinking as a collective was bang on the money.
  13. He had 2:0 in Madrid and got more defensive and conceded. Tonight started defensive conceded 2. When they were finally back in the game on 2:2 same shit happened. His tactics costed Atletico. And not the first time.
  14. I think exactly the opposite: considering the opposition is the most realistic take one can have. After all, it's 11 players on each side of the pitch, so the opposition represents at least half of the equation. A random good player, with strong mentality, playing Djokovic would still be a huge underdog. Because Novak is just better than everyone else, which is why he is #1. The best Chelsea turn up against an average City and they would still be the favs IMO. Even their bench is a lot stronger than ours, so if they need to tweak something during the match, they are more likely to get something out of it than we do. Freaking Kova is a bench warmer for them! Sorry, I see us as huge underdogs for this one. Even more so than against Liverpool (due to their absences).
  15. Dortmund winning btw is bad news for 5th place team in England. Bayern:Arsenal will be massive tomorrow. And Leverkusen and Atalanta very close to eliminate WH and Liverpool. AV and Fiorentina also left in Conference. Plus Roma or Milan. From semis could easily be 3 German teams left, 3 italian and just Aston Villa. That would be bye, bye CL for Spurs or Villa. But could also affect us depending where we finish EL or Conference. This was table before tonight's games: 1. Italy, 18.428 2. Germany, 17.214 3. England, 16.750 4. France, 15.250 5. Spain, 15.062
  16. remotley Simeone type CBs: (shame Gvardiol is not available) Matthijs de Ligt Bremer António Silva Robin Le Normand Piero Hincapié Facundo Medina Dávid Hancko Alessandro Buongiorno Riccardo Calafiori Nicolò Casale
  17. I believe what Palmer says much much more than what Poch says. After the game Palmer was interviewed by the crew at USA network. They wanted to know if the players knew before the game that he was the designated penalty kicker? Palmer's reply was..."Well we all know now." I do not think for a second that Poch laid down that there is a designated penalty kicker and now that he is recieving heat from the press, he is scrambling with his story.
  18. But to say that everything depends on the opposition seems quite naive. Imagine a boxer going into the ring with that mindset. That doesnt seem to be true, surely the protagonist has a bearing on standings, not just how the opposition performs. Bottom line, our team isnt 'lower league' we have a lot of quality, I am doubling down on my original assertion, that if we play the way we played last night (maybe without the bickering over the penalty 😃) we will beat them. But it depends which Chelsea turns up
  19. I’d take simeone and a squad full of intense Spaniards / Latin Americans
  20. Arsenal are chokers. Would surprise me if they even got past the worst Bayern team in over a decade
  21. But they couldn't beat Paris. It's gonna be comfortable. Arsenal can play both. Arsenal this season against City won CS and win and draw in the league.
  22. lol we should make a crazy play for Simeone sell all our CBs except Colwill and let him pick the rest we buy to replace
  23. this deffo increases the chances that Xavi doesnt reverse and and doesnt stay
  1. Load more activity

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You