test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

There are some telling quotes too that Chelsea in the late 2000s never worried, bothered about setpiece defending Pretty sure we had a bad run with conceding setpiece goals even with tall players like Ballack Drogba Iva Terry etc
  3. Kai Havertz

Where exactly is this narrative about CHO's bad attitude coming from? Even when he wanted to leave he was giving us his all when selected, he's also very well liked by the rest of the squad (which wouldn't be the case if his attitude was shit).
  4. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Has he been spending lockdown with Mourinho? First ditching the regista's and scrapping our progressive football now this.
  5. Today
  6. Chelsea v Watford

What i think should happen Kepa James (purely to give Azpi a breather not on recent merit) Zouma Rudiger (would have been Fik if he was available) Alonso Jorginho/Gilmour Barkley (would have been Kova if he was available) Mount Hudson Odoi/Pedro Giroud Pulisic This is the best lineup tonight when you factor in opponent, merit, team balance, resting player's but we all know Azpi will get ran to the ground, Kante will be put infront of the back 4 and play 90 minutes no matter what, Willian will play again (even though he looks knackered and close to burn out) and i wouldn't even be surprised if Tammy does aswell. We should win tonight 1-0 or 2-1 but it won't be pretty. I really hope i'm wrong. If Frank plays the correct line up then he's done his bit and i won't blame him for any dropped points.
  7. Kai Havertz

Is it sarcasm or George is actually reliable?
  8. 10. Willian

Please let him go...he is just playing for contract Next year again will go dud..always been the case with willian..whenever there are talks of him to leave he starts perfirming...sick of seeing him in the team inspite of him scoring recently
  9. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Tammy moves like a baby giraffe.
  10. Super Frank Thread

I just did a research by watching all highlights this season. 23 from 62 goals we conceded this season are from set pieces. 37%! And saying that height is the reason is complete bulllshit. After set pieces we conceded goals from: Firmino 181cm, Ndidi 181cm, Rodrigo 180cm, Lerma 179cm...
  11. 10. Willian

12. 5. Jorginho

Yeah because replacing him with a "traditional DM" has really tightened things up.
  13. Eden Hazard

If we look also at assists and bigger picture last season with Sarri was his best at Chelsea. Also the only season with 20+ goals.
  14. 5. Jorginho

And journalists still have not asked Frank about Jorgi? It is Giroud from August to February all over. Frank is going to be the last one to realize what needs to be done... But with Kova out and Kante playing 4 games in 10 days I hope we see him tomorrow.
  15. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

The problem with those players is that: AC is weak in the air RLC may stand 6'3" tall but he plays like one that is 5'7" Tammy is like Bambi on Ice Zouma is good in the air but he has no finesse to his heading as whilst he gets his head to most things, God only knows where it is going. Giroud is very good and is on par with Drogba and Costa. Alonso is decent enough but doesn't have the highest levels of desire. Rudiger is all lost at sea on virtually every ball that comes in. So, all in all, we may have enough 'tall' players but most of them are bad at aerial duals, despite their height.
  16. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

HAHAHAHAHA is this a joke?
  17. Kai Havertz

Surely Chris, Rudi, Alonso, Zouma and Kepa cant fuckup enough in the back vs how much can Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech produce up front?
  18. Yesterday
  19. 5. Jorginho

Its not that the physical side why people felt he should of been included. Regardless, are you saying as well he hasnt shown that he can read the game and make interceptions as well through positioning? He has done it in several games this season. If your able to read the game or see something you dont need to be a freak athlete either. Look at Busquets at Barca or Kroos at Madrid. There are countless others. Was Xavi a freak athlete? Was Pirlo? Was Scholes? Was Roy Keane? Is Rodri? Is Fernandinho? Is Fabinho? No but they are/were good at reading the game and could recover the ball. Regarding his inclusion: It was more about controlling the game when it got frantic. He has got composure others dont, always offers himself to take the ball and is also a lot better at moving the ball forward and faster in the role Kante played the other night. I mean would you rather watch Kante or Rudiger or Christensen try force those passes or play sideways or have Jorginho who keeps the ball moving quickly, has a more adventurous passing range to drive the team forward? West Ham had men behind the ball, you need to move it faster to move them around And having someone who can get it off the CBs do that than piss about getting the ball from the CBs to Kante to the fullbacks and eventually to Ross/Kovacic/Mason/Willian/Pulisic or whoever gives us a better chance of breaking them down surely? Or do you disagree? As bad as we were defensively your not going to tell me that we created several clear chances or got a lot of opportunities to isolate their players in 1v1s or find runners in behind are you? 73% possession resulted in 6 shots on target. We looked ordinarily predictable bar when Pulisic had the ball.
  20. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Ahh okay. I interpreted your okay gif as you not believing me^^. Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
  21. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

What the fuck? I didn't say I don't believe you. I just didn't care and I don't care what other teams do.
  22. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

You did not believe me that big clubs do zonal marking lol. Even in this article, Lampard says that Pool does zonal marking. Now, you can search for other big teams that do that too [emoji57] Now, back to the topic. We have tall players. When Ruben plays, we have Giroud/Tammy, Ruben, Alonso, AC and hopefully Zouma as tall players. Usually that is enough. Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk
  23. Chelsea's Transfer Targets

Lampard on potentially signing more attacking players... https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-refuses-rule-out-22297335 Lampard on defensive signings...
  24. 10. Willian

Lampard on Willian's contract talks... https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/frank-lampard-refuses-rule-out-22297335
  25. 1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Lampard on Kepa.... https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/03/frank-lampard-says-chelsea-could-solve-set-piece-problem-by-signing-tall-players
  26. Load more activity