test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Kawasaki Frontale - Chelsea

I hope he will start the official season with some wins, to gain trust from the players and the fans
  3. Today
  4. Reece James

Can't blame them for trying.
  5. 22. Willian

I'm guessing pulisic is getting the number 22 shirt
  6. Hello from Croydon

West London (South Kensington mostly) born and raised but I now live in Stockholm
  7. Lewis Baker

Fortuna Dusseldorf are working to sign Lewis Baker from Chelsea, report Bild on Sunday evening.
  8. Tiemoue Bakayoko

Nervous... or shite. He really looks illsuited in our team. That game vs United where he and Morata played well is a long long long time ago.
  9. FL going to use mix of youth and experience. Squad of 25 players, at least 15 of them will be heavily experienced in football so yes point out the obvious. But still, in my eyes, very premature to write something like "to use perfect mix of youth and experience" because weve only played 2 pre season games in which I doubt he knows his best team and we will shift players still. I mean 3 academy players made over 60 games between them last season and you could argue that any of those 3 and 8, 9 or 10 other more experienced guys was the perfect mix at times if the result or performances went well. But hey. Theres no formula or equation to ensure a team has the correct number of young guys and more experienced. It will be what it will be, be it maybe 2 or 3 academy guys in the first 11 or 8 of them. People reading far too much into all this youth stuff, this isnt the same circumstances as Derby and I think when the transfer ban is gone people will soon realise that maybe this is the biggest reason why we will be using more youth in the 25 man squad as opposed to feeling they are all ready. Its a double ended sword. For instance, do you think if we could of bought a CF this summer say Tammy Abraham would be sticking around? Or if Ruben wasnt injured, Mason wouldnt be being looked at as a potential loanee (although hes caught the eye so far indeed and thats what pre season is for)? Fair enough before the season ended, probably well before May, Reece James had a very strong case for being included as he was arguably Wigans best player week in week out at 18 or 19 years old and Zappacosta was being linked away and didnt get a January move. But before the ban was confirmed how many thought Tammy, Mason, Tomori would be first team players this season? Probably not a lot. And if FL goes for the more tried and tested experienced heads the first few weeks of the season for the likes of United and the Super Cup games, will there be uproar? Or is it just sensible management? Suppose we will find out.
  10. Kurt Zouma

Funny thing is, from these pre-season games I've been more impressed by Tomori than Zouma. If Lampard wants the same marauding CB system he had at Derby then I would think Tomori is more suited to it than Zouma is. Which is sad since I think we all like Zouma a lot.
  11. Hello from Croydon

Hi there where are you from?
  12. Reece James

Crystal Palace have had a £20m bid for English defender Reece James rejected by Chelsea. The 19-year-old spent last season on loan at Wigan.(Star)
  13. Yesterday
  14. General Transfer Talk

Brendan Rodgers has spent 30m on Ayoze Perez and will now spend 45m on Lewis Dunk. Jesus christ.
  15. Kurt Zouma

Honestly would rather see Christensen given more game time and Tomori being used in cup games if it means we can get 30 or 40m for him. Good defender but struggles on the ball for me still.
  16. Christian Pulisic

Hope the commentators doing our games and the pundits don't start the whole "he's a direct replacement for Hazard" bullshit. They will hopefully be smart enough to realize that that's not what he is and that's not was the club intended him to be when we bought him. He's still a young player with loads of potential. He isn't expected to come in and immedietly destroy the league and carry the side like Eden was. I don't really feel like hearing the comparison all season long. Our fans as well need to just let him be his own player. We need to keep our expectations in check.
  17. Christian Pulisic

His piece for The Players' Tribune after US failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup was impressive. Articulated his points about himself, problems facing the USMNT etc very well especially when he was still in his teens! https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/christian-pulisic-usmnt-world-cup
  18. The International Football Thread

the last two Bayern goals (they won 3 1) were off Keylor Navas, not Cuntois
  19. Kurt Zouma

The truth about Everton target Kurt Zouma 'handing in Chelsea transfer request' KURT ZOUMA has not handed in a transfer request at Chelsea despite reports suggesting he has. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/793227/Everton-Kurt-Zouma-Chelsea-transfer-request Chelsea though have the cloud of a transfer ban hanging over them and are reluctant to see any of their players leave. Everton want the Frenchman back on Merseyside having already made Andre Gomes’s loan move permanent from Barcelona in a £22m deal. But Zouma is not prepared to force through a move away from Stamford Bridge He suffered a major knee injury in 2016 and has since spent subsequent seasons on loan at Stoke and Everton. But the 24-year-old proved his worth last season for the Toffees and that has seen new blues boss Frank Lampard go public with his desire to keep Zouma. “I want him here, simple as that,” he said. “We are competitive with the centre-backs we have in the team and he had a very good season at Everton and I can understand why they want him. “He’s a Chelsea player and I want him.” Chelsea are even ready to loan out England Under 21 star Fikayo Timori to ensure Zouma’s playing time doesn’t suffer. Last season David Luiz and Antonio Rudiger established a partnership in the centre of defence under Maurizio Sarri. Danish star Andreas Christensen is also in the mix as Chelsea look to forge the necessary combinations ahead of their season opener against Manchester United. snip
  20. The Pub - Discuss Anything

I did a foreign football bet today I wasn't exactly comfortable googling Young Boys who remarkably play at the Wankdorf Stadium
  21. Christian Pulisic

He is well spoken and very much a team player. There was a lot made about Sancho at Dortmond. What was missed by some that didn't follow Dortmund while Pulisic played there, was how much Christian was a class act to Sancho and all of his teammates. He is a very nice kid. An interview with Sancho about Pulisic. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2819976-jadon-sancho-says-christian-pulisic-inspired-him-to-leave-man-city-for-dortmund.amp.html
  22. Christian Pulisic

CHRISTIAN PULISIC OUTLINES WHAT HE WANTS TO BRING TO CHELSEA AND DISTANCES HIMSELF FROM EDEN HAZARD COMPARISONS
  23. The International Football Thread

I saw a little of Bayern v. Real yesterday. It was a match without fouls -almost. Courtois conceded his usual three goals, Hazard was not impressive.
  24. Kurt Zouma

You said it man.....its bunkers for real. Why is therer such a heavy fee for Eng players I will never know? Its like its a rare crown you are buying, I would get it if it was a peak Lamps or JT etc.....but now a days Zaha costs close to 80M.....get the fuck out of here with that horse shit.
  25. The Pub - Discuss Anything

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/07/19/the-9-stages-of-fixing-a-tv-remote-control/
  26. The English Football Thread

TBH, the true standout MFer on the pitch in the 2nd half was Sissoko he looks to be in the best shape of his life and was just an absolute terror with surging runs and pinpoint passes he absolutely wrecked the Juve MFers he looked like my most wildly optimistic feverish dreams I had for Bakayoko when we snatched him from Monaco FML if those two (Ndombele and Sissoko) get up a full EPL season's worth of steam and play like that consistently for Spuds
  27. Kurt Zouma

especially given this On 18 July 2019, de Ligt signed for Serie A champions Juventus on a five year deal for €75 million (£67.5m). de Ligt is only 19 and already in the top 7 to 10 CB's in the world I can name 20 plus I would take over Harry Maguire, who also turns 27 this season, so his re-sale value is shit after 5 years
  28. The English Football Thread

I think we all know that he is going to be good. Really surprised United or Real did not try to sign him
  29. Load more activity